Saturday 17 November 2012

Z for Zachariah remembered

I've just ordered a copy of this book.I've been struggling with my memory for years to remember what it was called,having only vague memories of the actual story but having deep memories of the feelings it invoked in a 12/13 year old who was struggling with a tough home-life full of alcohol and mental health problems(my parents i hasten to add,not mine) It was about a child alone (as was i an awful lot of the time,emotionally)and in one way had my ideal life............the wish to escape,to live alone,to survive.I remember it depressed me,but also thrilled me.Escape!
I hope this is the book,i really do.

It was introduced to my class by a wonderful English Teacher,i don't know if it was part of the curriculum or not,but i like to think not and that he was just a gifted teacher ;-) Mr. E your class was my escape,you probably never had a clue,but it was!
Richard Jefferies School,you did have some great Teachers!

To all the Teachers out there,the ones who teach to inspire,to share and to care about the children they deal with...................THANKYOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment